Monday, February 23, 2009

The Death of FUN

‘Ralph, I have this horrible image of me strapped inside a wheelchair- and I’m in an Old People’s Home. I look around the room and old people are looking straight at me from their own wheelchairs, lined up against the wall as though they are waiting their turn to go- or maybe to flee! I scan the room dolefully- then- out of the corner of my eye I catch a glimpse of a wizened ole crone. She has an evil leer across her wrinkled face and she is crawling across the floor-slowly- towards me. She is cackling to herself and I know, Ralph, what she is going to do- and I am helpless! Yes, Ralph! She is going to fondle my balls!!’

- Ralph Steadman recounting a conversation with Hunter S. about why he was suffering 'the Death of FUN'

I had a conversation today about the kind of grandmother I'm going to be. I'm just saying.

6 comments:

Luis Portugal said...

Hello
It has a nice blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from my country, Portugal

missleah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
missleah said...

Obrigado! Eu não falo um pouco espanhol e quase nenhum português. Mas obrigado lendo meu blogue e dizendo o olá!.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you just commented that to be cool...

missleah said...

babelfish.com dude.

Anonymous said...

I knew it.